S Q U I R R E L

I'm terribly slow at doing these blog posts. It's not because I haven't been busy designing or organizing our home though. It's because I do too many projects at once. I'll start on a gallery wall, and that'll lead me to creating a Kate Spade inspired closet, which leads me to organizing the office. I'm like that dog in Up. I just can't stay focused.


So I think it's best that instead of waiting for a space to be finished, I just show the progress of all my randomness.

Let's start in the bedroom! I made a gallery wall to frame the tv. It's art that's been passed down to us, inside jokes, or just things I find beautiful / calming.




When I finish our family gallery wall on the other side of the room, I'll go into a whole detailed post about ALL THE THINGS. But for now, this is what I wake up to. And sometimes this too...


Moving on to the hallway in our room (yes, a hallway). When we first moved in I wanted to put up floating shelves, however this space ended up being so long, that I knew that would be much more of an undertaking. Maybe we'll do that in the future, but for now, this bookcase / credenza works well.


You'll love this one guys. I've already switched out the art in our water closet - whizz palace. It was a fun idea to do a large wall full of strange pictures of TV shows we liked. But it just felt too crowded.

I found a pretty little table for storage from HomeGoods, and hung a small painting of a beach. But with the window facing the wall with the painting, and the room being so narrow, it seems like it's an impossibility to photograph. Once I become a contortionist, I'll take a picture of it for you.

Even with the changes, it's still on my main project list because I'm seriously considering wallpaper.


If it was as easy as painting, I wouldn't have any apprehensions about it. But that's a whole new ball game so I'll put a pin in it, and do some research.

Next up is our closet. And by, "our," I mean, "mine." Every week it's a huge mess! I obviously use it for clothes, but also party supplies and decoration storage. So anytime I do a project (which is all the time), it looks like a hurricane went through there.

I'm completely inspired by Kate Spade. The line's quirky style always puts me in a good mood, and that's what I'm going for in here. This is just a sneak peak:


This is turning into a very long post, but considering it takes me forever to write one, I think I'll just keep going!

I added some storage into Logan's bathroom. We're just about done potty training **knock on wood** and this setup helped us during that transition. Plus it gave me more stuff to look at during the HOURS (it felt like) we've been spending in there.

 

Now this should answer the question that lots of people ask, "What do you do when you're done?" I do it over again, or make small changes. And that is the story of the previously completed laundry room. I still loved it, but it was missing something. When I checked the laundry rooms in Pinterest, I found a common thing that I liked - jars. Who knew?



And last but certainly not least; our office. This was the only room left unpacked. And technically it still is but those boxes were moved to the garage for the photo shoot. Out of sight, out of mind.

Long story short, we bought a dining table that seats 6 and put it in here. I finally got my Pottery Barn desk back and actually have a work space for the first time in a few years. I'm working on organizing the space for Logan's homeschool, storage for all the crap that goes into being an adult, and keeping it nerdy AF for us to enjoy. I refuse to clean it up right now but here's a view from above, with the boys' in their natural habitat.


Still here huh? Well that about wraps up what's been going on in our home. We're over 6 months in and loving every minute of it. I'll be sure to share more details of each room when they're "completed." Until then, I'll keep posting my squirrel updates.




Comments

Popular Posts