M U R A L

H E L L O

Guys, I finally did it! I painted that mural I've been talking about for like a year.



The inspiration came from a collaboration of Mandi (from Vintage Revivals) and Colleen (artist who created the painting). This is the breakdown:



I took this image, and freehanded the outline with pencil, on the wall. I had a few paint colors that would work well with the color scheme, so I just started painting. No turning back now!



The original design ended up changing as I painted. I wanted a mountain to be higher, or combine a couple hills. What's great, is that "mistakes" were easy to fix. I took my time, and had fun with it.



I used a lot of different colors, and in order to not break the bank, I just bought sample sizes from Lowe's.


I'm super happy with how it turned out. I love having a creative outlet, and taking bigger design risks. No regrets on this DIY!




S T U F F   • & • T H I N G S:

* Chris Loves Julia hosted a murder mystery party instead of their usual costume party. It looked amazing!


* Juniper Print Shop is having a 20% off sale, on a new print, every day until Christmas (pretty sure). It's called, "Print a Day Until Holiday," and I'd like to collect them all!


* Target's Toy catalog is out! Check your mailboxes!



B Y E E E E

Comments

Popular Posts