G A L L E R Y • W A L L • T U T O R I A L

We have a water closet now, which is a super fancy name for, "Whiz Palace."


And if I was a more serious person, I'd use the opportunity to wallpaper this tiny room. I mean look at how amazing Chris Loves Julia's bathroom is!

But that's not me. I have 0 patience or time to figure out how to do that. So instead, I put up a gallery wall dedicated to our favorite TV shows (Psych, 30 Rock, The Office, Parks and Rec, Brooklyn 99, and Arrested Development).



I think this is my 5th gallery wall in this house, and I know that some friends have been curious of how I do it. I took pictures of the process I use when I want to be as accurate as possible, so you can follow along.

1. Painstakingly over think how you want the layout to look. Take a week or 2, debate with yourself, then realize there are bigger issues in this world, and settle on one of the first versions.


2. Outline each frame on some paper, and measure where their hanging brackets are. Mark a dot where the nail should be. I recommend taking a break half way through because it's too tedious a task to function.



3. Cut out the outlines and tape to the wall to match the layout you finally decided on. Then nail through the hole(s) drawn on paper.



4. Hang each picture and be happy that's finally crosses off your list! Maybe grab a drink!



Comments

Popular Posts