R E A L • L I F E ?

Well it's been a couple of weeks since we had our first construction meeting, so it was about time for us to take a peek at the progress. And I have to admit, I did not expect this:


We toured a similar house in the neighborhood before, but this was different. I walked into the great room and looked out the patio doors, and it hit me. This is mine. This is real life. We have patio doors. And I cried.


The layout of our house, could not be more perfect. Somehow we have views from each window, without obstruction. We'll even be able to see Mt. Rainer on a clear day. None of this was known beforehand. It's always a surprise to see what you'll end up with. And boy were we happily surprised!

Loft view


Master bath views



Bedroom view


Wow, right? It looks like a painting!

So let's take a tour shall we?

This is the living room area, with the fireplace in the middle.  


Turn around and you're in the kitchen and dining space. The pantry is in the far left corner, and that's the island in the middle. As you can see the covered patio is to the right. 


With my back to the patio, you'll look into the hallway and stairwell. The office is on the left, Mum's "NY city studio" is straight ahead and the stairs are on the right. 


This is the guest room, which I fully expect Logan to take over when he's older.


And here is the loft / playroom


Logan's bathroom is in between the loft and his bedroom. The tub / shower will be in the back of the room, with the toilet and vanity on the left. 


Terrible picture of Logan's room, but it's the perfect size for him right now. 


Here's our master bath. The shower is in the right corner (which you can't see), the tub is under the windows, the vanity will be to the left and the toilet room is in the left corner of the picture.


And last but not least, this is our master suite. Obviously the bed will go in between those windows. 


Now let's look at that view again...


Seriously people, I just can't put into words how incredibly grateful I am to be able to raise my family here. I see our lives unfolding in these walls, and it's beautiful.

Comments

Popular Posts