O U T D O O R S Y

Hi there,

So I'm now a person that gets allergies. I've avoided them for 33 years and they've decided it's time I pay the price for that. I essentially refused to leave the house for a week, and considered wearing a face mask for all of eternity. I am V bitter about it.



Another reason for the bitterness, is that I haven't been able to enjoy our back patio for a bit. And guys, I just made it so pretty! I'm sure the time spent out here is what triggered this allergy nonsense in the first place. Hopefully when I'm better, it will be all worth it! Here's what I've been missing:

Rufio Photo Bomb





Last year was our first summer here, and that's when we got the patio set and rug. It was a great start but needed a little glow up. Add some plants, spray paint the bistro set (it had been bright blue), and get as many pillows as my heart desired. 

2018:



2019: 


Looking forward to many more sunsets here.


Current Projects:

- Alex finished building the stone wall. Now he's working on filling in the space between the stone wall and the grass with white rocks, and add lots of lights for ambiance. We'll also plan on doing some pretty garden shit (technical term) in both ends of the wall. If anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears. I have no idea where to start on something like that!

Pretending these weeds are beautiful trees I planted on purpose

- I'm nearly done with Logan's room. Just waiting on a custom decal from the UK! Here's another sneak peak:



- Our bedroom got a little attention this week. The curtains are up, and will look stunning against the blue board and batten (whenever that may be).


They need a good steaming


Latest Obsessions:

- You already know about my paint by numbers obsession. It's gotten worse. Nurse friends, is this something that you'd check a person into hospital for?
There's this great project from the Vintage Revivals blog. Mandi paired up with Colleen Elizabeth (artist) and Sherwin Williams to make a paint by number focal wall. I mean look at this!


So I guess what I'm saying is - which wall should I do this to?!

- Red Handed podcast: If you're into True Crime and British Accents, then you'll love this one. I can see them getting big, maybe even MFM big. Quote me on that.

- Creating a Summer Bucket List: Tell me things I should put on it! I'm going to miss Logan being in school. I'll need ideas and activities to distract him - so I can be a selfish human and paint by numbers all day!

Comments

Popular Posts