M U D R O O M


Hi!

This week I planned on telling you about a new obsession of mine, along with potential plans for it. Turns out I just did it. If you follow me on Instagram then you've seen a sneak peak of the project. Now it's time for ALL the pictures.



I've been daydreaming about wallpaper for a long time now. The thing is, I have 0 patience and no faith in the sticking skills that it requires. Also it's insanely expensive, and I'd rather spend that money at Target or my local teriyaki place.

But there's another option to consider - DIY Faux Wallpaper, as seen here:



Basically you free hand paint a pattern (or stencil if that's your thing) on the accent wall of your choice.

Yup, I painted hundreds of lines on a wall because YOLO.


On Monday I told Alex that I wanted to connect the hooks to the bench to make a wainscoting look. Dude was on top of it and went to Lowe's that day. He finished that project on Tuesday.




I picked up Sherwin Williams Riverway 6222 on Wednesday. And I did the whole wall Thursday afternoon.

The project was very simple, just time consuming. I put tape down the middle of the wall, as straight as I could but not perfect. Then I used a foam brush, dipped in paint, and touched the wall at an angle.
When I was done with that line, I did the opposite angle on the other side of the tape.
Repeat a million times and there ya go.

 


Then the super fun part was adding back all the organizing touches that I love. And, our summer bucket list!



So in 1 week we quickly went from this:



To this!





Latest Projects:

-  Logan's decal arrived! His room should be complete for next week's post.

- Changing out things in the playroom, because Logan's growing up.

- I've got a gallon of paint calling my name. I intended to paint that whole mudroom then decided against it (thank you Alex - you were right... just this once). I'm thinking it belongs in our bathroom somewhere.

Recent Obsessions:

Fleabag. That is all.







Comments

Popular Posts