L O G A N ' S • R O O M

I'm just itching to get my hands on this house so I can tackle every room and be done with it 5 minutes after I move in. Of course that's not only impossible, it's also a great path towards regret and buyer's remorse. I learned that lesson when we bought our condo and I don't intend on doing that again. 
Instead, I want a game plan for each space, take my time to find deals, and not be afraid to take risks. This isn't a race, it's my forever home and I want it to be fun, welcoming and a little different (just like me!). 

Lately, I've been dreaming up Logan's room, because he will transfer out of his toddler bed into a twin size very soon. The kid sleeps with dozens of toys each night and they're kicking him off the bed. I get that it'll still happen in the bigger size, but maybe it'll take a week for him to fill it up? Wishful thinking I know.

Logan's nursery went through a lot of theme transitions, but it's mostly been superhero related. We did name him after Wolverine after all! So this room will follow suit, but in a more "mature" way. 

Here's my vision:  


1. Get a black metal bed, because their classy AF
2. Versatile bedding that can withstand my whims
3. Pops of bright colors: green, yellow, red, and blue
4. Paint a wall black - Alex is terrified of this and I just pat him on the head and say he's pretty
5. Lightning bolt decals, a gallery wall over his bookcase, paint a KAPOW! on his bed wall

Kind of feeling like I should steal this design for our room, but I already have a plan for that so congrats to Logan - this is yours for keeps.

I just have to keep reminding myself there is no rush. His room won't look like this on day one. That bed averages $350, and it's not the most important piece of furniture that we'll need when we move in. But at least I have a plan, and will slowly but surely work in this direction.


Comments

Popular Posts