S P R I N G

Oh Spring. That time when you clean your house like crazy, put away all your winter coats, and stand out in the mud and rain - freezing your butt off, but refusing to believe it.


Well, we survived last week's plague, and back to school drama! I don't feel like much was accomplished in the way of actually cleaning the house (at least to Martha Stewart's standards), but dents have been made. The fridge was emptied and washed out, I've patched and painted the many holes I put in the walls, and have slowly been cleaning out drawers.

Yet, somehow at the end of every day it looks like I live in a war zone. HOW?!


Oh yeah... him...



At least I can say, that under all that mess, lies some refreshing Spring decor. And I was lucky enough to get a tiny break from our little hurricane Logan, to snap some pictures.

You'd think the guest room would be safe from mess, but you'd be wrong.

I updated the book case with lots of happy houses and plants. Bob Ross would be proud. 
Made the T-Rex a permanent fixture after the party, and added some brighter baskets for toys.
My one and only Easter decoration - bc this bunny is too cute!

Alright now on to my current projects:

* I found the paint color for the guest room wall! It'll either be painted by next week, or next year. There is no in between.

The one on the left

* Long story short (a post for another day) I decided to make-over the boring storage unit in Logan's room. Mid way through I started cracking up. WTF am I doing? I have a friend who was literally giving birth - and here I was cutting and sticking triangles to this thing like a crazy person. Life's weird.



* In a "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie" fashion, I ordered a rug for the dining room. Why? Because we got new counter stools. Obviously.



And lastly, things I'm obsessed with:

* Had a crazy play date with the kids and ladies. These were good for our sanity! Thank you Symone 😘

* There's this event called the "One Room Challenge" that happens twice a year. Designers get 6 weeks to makeover one room, and they're currently on week 2. This is how I find new talent to follow, and inspiration. I'll keep everyone posted, when the week of reveals begin.

* Has anyone else watched the OA on Netflix? It's a mind F of a show, and I need to talk about it!!

* I'm such a homebody, that this is so me:


Comments

Popular Posts