R A W R !

Hey all,

We survived our version of March Madness! This included 4* birthday parties,  3 dinosaurs, 1 graduation party, 1 dog surgery (Rufio's all good now), Logan's special person week at school, a retirement, plus a handful of other adventures...and to top it off we bought a new car!!


For a family of introverts, this pushes us way out of our comfort zone - but it was so much fun and completely worth the exhaustion.

During this blog break, I've decided to expand a little, and share things other than my home styling ADHD. It will still be the focus, but now I can write about home life things and birthday parties!

And that is my totally seamless segue into Logan's FOUR-ocious birthday bash.

Guys, I outdid myself with this one. I hadn't planned on throwing a party for Logan this year. Then all of the sudden he started asking for one. Who is this little person with ideas and opinions?!

He insisted on having another dinosaur party, while at the same time a friend tagged me in an Entertainment Company's post on Facebook. If you are in the greater Seattle area; Dino Crew Northwest was just about the best thing that's ever happened to this kid, it made all his dreams come true, and his party was unforgettable. I highly recommend them!




At the time of planning though, I didn't know what to expect from them. So as party backup, I made sure the inside of our home looked like a forest full of dinosaurs! The theme was everywhere.

The entryway:


Mirror selfies looked like you were getting eaten by the T-Rex (in a party hat)

And the staircase:


The playroom had a big palm tree with blow up dinos and balloons to wrestle with, the bookshelves had different dinosaur play sets, I set out books about dinosaurs for kids who'd be too scared of the activities outside...


The living room was filled with my hoard of fiddle leaf figs, and a tent with pretty lights was a good escape from all of the stuffed animal dinos we have.



I might have a Fiddle Leaf Fig problem...
Shit guys, I even re-did my gallery wall for him! Ok, that was more for me. I like the little details.



I placed little dino terrariums amongst the food, added some related art already on hand, and finally bought that damn t-rex cookie jar I've been wanting forever!

Plates, balloons, party bags, garland, table cloth - all from Target



I'm notoriously terrible at birthday cakes. I just buy whatever's available at Costco and put dinos on it.

I laughed for days at my "Rawr Bawr"

Each kiddo went home with a goody bag and a book, plus a sugar high and pictures with a 'real' dinosaur! And if you're wondering; yes, they do parties for adults too!





Happy Birthday Little Man! I know you can't read this yet, but I love you to pieces!










(*Update - 3 birthday parties, 1 was replaced with the plague...)

Comments

Popular Posts