C L O S E T 2 . 0

Hello there,

Yesterday I posted a sneak peak of my latest project, on Instagram:



Yup, it's my closet again!

Back in September I gave it a quick makeover. I'd constantly toss my clothes, throw pillows, party supplies, picture frames, gift wrap... onto the floor and run away. I just wanted an organized and girly space all to myself, that didn't look like a tornado hit. And it worked for some time.

























Cut to now, with a little help from Marie Kondo, I was able to do a much cooler version. I kicked out 90% of the joyless inhabitants of this space (yes, that includes anything that belonged to my husband 😆 ) rearranged the furniture, hid the ugly, and added a vanity.


I do more than agonize over what to wear in here - it always turns out to be some form of sweatpants and t-shirt that's sure to wow everyone anyway.


I come up with home styling, and party ideas, plus it's my gift wrap room a la Candy Spelling.

Now all of my party supplies, suitcases, dog crate, and extra decor are hiding on the wall to the left. I love not being able to see my hoard from the bathroom!



So here's a quick tour. First stop would be to point out my clothes. I've purged so many bags full. I know I've got a couple more in there, I just can't pull the trigger yet. But as I'm writing this now, I realized that I did make a huge dent. Thank you before pictures!


The middle section is all about accessories. Bags, wallets, scarves, shoes, workout clothes (lololol) and miscellaneous jewelry. I can feel Marie giving me a dirty look...



Above that cube sits all the boxes of pictures, scrapbooks, cards - it's essentially all the paper that I'm keeping because it brings me joy damn it!



And in that corner I have my gift wrap station. Make fun of me for it all you want. I love this thing!

Alex bought it for my birthday when we lived in a tiny apartment. I got home from a Lord of the Rings movie, and decided to clean the bathroom (wtf?). I opened the shower curtain and there it was. Poor Alex. There were no hiding spaces. And he married a crazy lady who voluntarily wanted to clean a bathroom on a random Friday night.



Then we come to my favorite spot, the vanity! I do my makeup here, work on projects, and listen to podcasts.




A tiny room, in a quiet corner of the house for me to get creative. That is my "fucking hooray" for the month!




Speaking of which, I'm going to be taking a break for March.
This is birthday month, meaning just about everyone I know and their dog, throws a party. And I need to focus on the most important person of all...Logan.
He's turning 4! I don't even know how this happened, but given how time works, it does make sense.
He requested another dinosaur party, and I have to figure out a way to top last year's. Wish me luck!












Comments

Popular Posts