K O N M A R I ' D

Happy Super Bowl Sunday folks! Now if I was a good blogger, I'd post pictures of a cute football themed party, with all the best snacks. But that's not me (although I do have the supplies). Because F the Patriots! Yeah, I said it, don't @ me!

Instead, I'd much rather recap January's mission of KonMari'ing my house, and share some un-styled progress photos.



I ended up hauling 3 separate truck loads of donations, we have a pile ready to go to the dump, and if it didn't give me joy - out it went.

I'm still working on it, but all my closets and drawers are much more organized - to the point where I don't have any spots being used to squirrel away things. So, here's the proof because I know, "pics or it didn't happen."

Kitchen:
Tons of candles RIP'd here

Holiday Kitchen decorations on the left, baking / cooking stuff on the right

Our emotional attachment to mugs is real - so those go on top

Laundry & Linen Closet:

Sewing kits and cleaning supplies / laundry things are in baskets above the w&d

Clearly labeled first aid baskets, gym towels, bath mats, wipes, and sheets 


Bathroom:

Still don't need this much stuff, but I know where it all is and it's not falling out on me every day

My Closet & Alex's dresser:

I refuse to fold his underwear and socks 

Piles of shit used to sit here - still needs work

All the clothes I have left - I can take away more, I'm just not ready





As you could see, I'm still holding on to some stuff that I have 0 use for, but for one reason or another I can't. And I think that sweet baby angel Mari, would understand. She'd just check in on me in six months to remind me to try again.

So. What do your closets look like?



Comments

Popular Posts