R A N D O M

Hello all,

How was everyone's last week? Are you back in the swing of things, or still a bit disoriented?

I felt like week 2 of the new year started out pretty great for us! I enrolled Logan in a Montessori preschool, cleared out a few garbage bags full of clothes, and broke my spending resolution at Target. Oh well, I had a good run - better luck next year right! Do you hear my husband sobbing in the background?

Well, if you caught my post on Instagram, then you'd know how I spent this gorgeous weekend - inside and styling rooms. As if I'd ever wander around outdoors...there are people out there!

Little landing at the top of the stairs. Guest room on the left, and playroom on the right. 


My permanent New Year's Resolution 

So the other day, my sister mentioned that she's very excited for the First Year Wrap Up post - that I'm totally intending to write (shit, must get my act together). And seeing as how our anniversary is in February, and daylight - let alone sunshine - is hard to come by, I seized the opportunity to take lots of pictures.

This will also insure more blog posts to come...she said with 0 certainty - seriously just follow my Insta

But I'd feel remiss if I just left it here. So you may all feast your eyes on my kitchen, that took me HOURS to clean!



Now I hope you all realize that this doesn't accurately reflect what it looks like most days of the week. My husband and I enjoy playing a game called, "Dish Chicken." It's when neither person wants to unload the dishwasher, and we both hope the dirty dishes will clean themselves through magic. Bonus points are awarded when also ignoring the full garbage, sticky countertops, and dirty floors.

This is why I recommend taking pictures of a room after you clean it. You may have lost a version of Dish Chicken, but you feel accomplished, and there's proof that you scrubbed those damn cabinets!

Have a good week everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts