H A P P Y ⠂ N E W ⠂ Y E A R

Hello Friends, and Happy New Year!

I hope everybody had a lovely break, and an easy transition back to reality. I know that half of that was true for me. I certainly miss the comfort-blanket feeling Christmas has, and hate the cold, dark reality that January brings.

But, with a new year, comes a clean slate. All of the stores stock up on my favorite...organizational supplies. Planners, storage totes, easy DIY closet systems; oh my! And did you see that Netflix bestowed an ultimate gift specifically for me? Tidying up with Marie Kondo. It's so much excitement that it makes me thankful for the worst month ever invented!

So, I happily put away all Christmas, and let each room breath. Next, I studied spaces that some of my favorite designers * completed, to find out exactly what I liked, so I could recreate it at home. Then I got to work. Day 1 of 2019 was redesigning spaces, adding new gallery walls, and rearranging furniture. And it feels like our home is brand new all over again - it hasn't even been a year yet!

I'll start off sharing our updated entryway. This is obviously where guests come in, but it's also Mum's entrance to her studio. I have a couple things in mind to add (doorbell, mailbox), but I'm very excited about the new look!






Speaking about things to add - one resolution I made for this year is to move forward with intention; only buying pieces I see fulfilling a purpose - to add texture, color, storage or joy (Thank you Marie). Another resolution is to  purge everything that no longer checks those boxes. That way we'll have a happier home, and a happier me, to focus on all the things that really matter; Target my family.

Now I'm off to put all clothes in one big pile, and have a nice overwhelming cry - HOW DO I HAVE THIS MUCH STUFF?!

* If you're curious about who inspires me, here's a list of blogs / Instagram accounts, I love:

Emily Henderson
Chris Loves Julia
Little Green Notebook
Yellow Brick Home





Comments

Popular Posts