G U E S T ⠂ R O O M ⠂ 3

The running joke on this blog, is the amount of times I have redecorated my guest room. I'd put a rough estimate at around 17 iterations throughout the year. Which is absolutely ridiculous even for someone as design obsessed as I am.  

I was both overly excited to have this room in the first place, and rushed to complete it before visitors arrived. Not the best combination. 

But after studying Instagram and Pinterest, I was confident this time around that I'd get it right. I knew the look I was going for, I waited for sales so I could get the exact items I wanted (no settling!), and my very patient husband helped by moving the sconces up. And here's what it looks like today:




 







Looking at other spaces is something that I always recommend to people, when they ask for advice. You see a room online that you love. Study it. Why do you love it? Is it the paint color, or how the furniture is arranged? Does it have a lot of textures or patterns? Do they have eclectic artwork, or a family picture gallery? 

I love it when I finally take my own advice. You can see how this room came into itself, when I was able to focus on this space. 

The first version had a lot of elements I had collected prior to our move. Yes, they all blended well together but it didn't "bring me joy" as Marie Kondo would say. The second version I posted was just an update on accessories I brought into the space. I also went a little over board with artwork. 

Exhibit 1.





Exhibit 2. 


In the end, I'm happy with the amount of times I redid this room. It was like my guinea pig for how to decorate the whole house. I was able to learn and grow into my new style. And best thing of all, I have this comfortable retreat to stay in, while sick with this dumb cold! 




Comments

Popular Posts