C L O S E T S • C L O S E T S • C L O S E T S • C L O S E T S

Over the long weekend, I was able to finish my closet, and update the laundry room. Both included decals. It's like I'm 16. But you know what? You do you! 

I was still loving my laundry room (hating my laundry) but something was missing. The obvious answer to that, was MORE COWBELL PEONIES! I spent a couple sweaty hours up on a ladder trying to make them just right. I rearranged the flowers a few times, and here we are: 

 


 



I like that the whole room is under this girly garden of happiness. 

And speaking of happy - I finished up my closet! 

First off, I needed to clean out. Every week without fail, that room would explode and I'd barely be able to open the door. 

- Raise your hand if you've been personally victimized by your closet -

The issue stemmed from me using that space to also store my party supplies, gift wrap, pictures, suitcases, a dog crate, and home decorations you'd have to pry out of my cold, dead hands. 

So I set out to purge as much as I could. Then created sections to combat the chaos. 

Now I'm able to:
* Find cute outfits, and accessorize accordingly
* Work on decoration projects, access decor easily
* Store all party supplies in an organized manner instead of a hoard
* Have a wrapping station, with craft supply storage
* Put all cards, pictures and keepsakes in their own sparkly box

Step two, was to make this room fun. This area is one of the first things I see in a day. Mornings suck but my closet doesn't have to. 

My inspiration came from Kate Spade stores. I love walking into her shops and seeing all the cute details, pops of color, and silly/inspirational quotes. This would be the perfect space to recreate all of that, without fear of going too over the top, because I'm the only person to see it. 

Enter in gold polka dots, glitter boxes, Paris, flowers...









* I apologize for the crappy pictures. Zero natural light = a hot mess. 


I love that I can simply get dressed in here, or take time and get creative planning a party or decorating a room. This is my happy place. 

Comments

Popular Posts