B A T H R O O M

I'm ashamed to say I've been putting off this post about our master bathroom, until I used our tub. We're about 6 months in, and it finally happened last weekend!


For the record, I'm not a bath person, it's hard for me to sit still and it seemed boring. But this tub is INSANE and I'd be a fool not to try it. I bought a bath bomb, turned on a playlist and pretended to be Ariel (which I always used to do as a kid).

I get it now. It was insanely relaxing. But I feel that a big part of that, should be credited to my design choices. #humblebrag




It would have been tough to ruin a room this pretty to begin with. We made sure to upgrade our selections for this space, when we were in the design center. Throwback to Alex using their toilet...



The large subway tile was stunning when I first saw it, and it stuck with me as something I had to have. Seeing it in person, in my house, gave me the same feeling. Quadrant's contractors for this, did an amazing job. We never had to ask for it to be redone. And look at that grout color we chose!


One of the "hardest" parts for me to do was to find towels and bathroom accessories that would match the backsplash. Luckily, I kept all the receipts, because I was the crazy lady at Target returning 6 different green / gray towels a week until I got it right!


 When I worked on our bedroom, I made new nightstands, so the old ones were ousted. But I found other places in my home where they worked perfectly. One, being in here. I use it to hold towels, and washcloths. Plus it added an extra tabletop to display some pretty. 


I absolutely love Claire Elsaesser paintings. I wish I could have every single thing she does, hanging on my walls. But I don't have that much wall space or money. At least I have these to stare at, until I can secure funds for more...



 

By now you've seen that I like to add a little something unexpected to every room. I found this print by Boryana Ilieva. It's the room from Beyonce's Hold Up video. Originally, it was supposed to go in our bedroom, but the colors matched our bathroom - I just didn't have a place to put it. Then I realized I had a perfect sized space right above our tub, and I realized it was meant to be.



So that's the story of our bathroom! I'm working on finishing up the toilet closet and I can't wait to share it. Spoiler alert - it's just me being silly.




Comments

Popular Posts