M A S T E R • B E D R O O M • P R O G R E S S

Typically the master bedroom is the last room to be worked on. Guests usually don't see it, and it doesn't belong to a child, so it's a very low priority. But to that I say, "NOT THIS TIME!" So I moved it up my (too long) to do list, and have been making some progress.


The "problem" that I've had with this room is that it is so freaking large (lol). We moved in with our king sized bed and the standard sized nightstands, but the space just dwarfed them. This is an easy, albeit expensive fix. We needed a grown up bed, an area rug, and wider nightstands.


For the nightstands, I decided to hack these drawers from Ikea. I can't justify spending upwards of $250 on each piece. Instead, I spent $40 each, painted and stained them, then added the pretty knobs.

BEFORE: 

AFTER:



We still had the rug we had used previously in our living room. It brings a pop of color to the space that's primarily navy blue and white.




Lastly, my very generous and wonderful mother in law (I'm her favorite) bought us a bed for our housewarming gift.



Everything came into place on Mother's Day, and I'm excited to show off our progress!



What's left now you wonder? I'm currently waiting on some artwork and lighting I ordered recently. Then I'll save up for another fiddle leaf fig (I only have 4 - I need more!) and a bench for the end of the bed.

There's also the matter of a large, empty wall. I still need to brainstorm options. I'd absolutely love something like this, but if I couldn't justify $500 on furniture, I sure as heck can't spend $1000 on picture frames!



In the meantime though, I'm super happy and content in this room, and I sleep like a queen!



Comments

Popular Posts