L I V I N G • R O O M • R E V E A L

Yesterday, I showed you our new couches, and the oversized rug that defined the space. I put up some art to tie everything together, and added an obligatory llama. So it's safe to say that this room is done.



This console table was the first thing I bought after we knew the house was ours. I've had my eye on it for years, and finally had space to put it. And of course, it's super useful. I keep toys in the left basket, a blanket in the right, and books we love in the middle (fairy tales, Hamilton the Revolution, Together We Rise, The Notorious RBG, and Feminist Ryan Gosling). Then on top is where I get to nerd out decoration-wise! I mean 2 lamps just a few feet apart?! That's luxury my friends.

|| Tree || Console Table || Lamps || Baskets || Throw || Pillow ||


The fiddle leaf fig tree is THE BEST ONE I'VE FOUND EVER! It's from Target's new Opalhouse line, and of course they're sold out everywhere, forever. Hoping that it's popularity will help make it a staple in every retailer out there, til the end of time, because the world needs more faux fiddle leaf figs. I didn't write that in all caps, but I'm basically shouting it out loud. 





On the other side of the living room is this little vignette. Another fig in a knock-off West Elm planter ($25 vs $180), a llama lamp, my design books, the cutest phone speaker I ever did see, and pictures of my family. Which reminds me we need another official family photo session because it's been about two years. 
Anyhoo, inside the cabinet I store card games that I force Alex to play with me. I think he hates them because I always win. It's the same reason why I won't play him in Battleship anymore.
I also keep my hoarded magazines - mostly HGTV, or ones with covers of inspiring women. The pile used to be unmanageable, but I was able to slim it down before the move. 






We've come a very long way from our first apartment to this house. I love everything about this room, it's spacious, comfortable, and functional. I'm looking forward to all the great moments in here. Especially beating Alex at Uno. 

Comments

Popular Posts