E N T R Y W A Y

Hi all!

We are a couple months in, and we've made a lot of progress in every space of this house. So I thought it was time to start catching everyone up. And what better way to start off, than our entryway.

My mum had her custom door installed, and it is AMAZING! Now she truly has privacy in her own space of the house.


 

The door was created by a company called SMC LLC in Renton, WA, and took 8 weeks to make. It has a sliver of a window above to let the light through, and even has its own door lock and kick plate. The lion knocker (which is purposefully placed too high for a certain someone to reach) really makes me think it leads to Narnia - and it kind of does in a way.



Now that the door is officially in, I could start focusing on the entryway. The recipe for this space is pretty straightforward:

* Tabletop to drop stuff
* Mirror to check yourself out
* Hooks for coats and bags
* Basket for shoes
* And a place to sit

Add in some green, and a T-Rex, and we're all set to welcome in guests!








Sigh, I love this little corner. It's a good thing too because it's one of my views from the living room. Which is the space I'm currently working on, and I have big changes in there so stay tuned!




Comments

Popular Posts