R A W W R !

I know I promised you more home tour pictures, but I just threw the coolest dinosaur party in the history of ever!! So I shall bless you with that now 😆

This party was supposed to be a cute little get together with our families, and it morphed into an all out birthday bash; with a ball pit in my living room and a visit from a dinosaur!

Invites: I kept it simple and used Facebook. Alex photoshopped a T-Rex chasing after Logan.


Inspiration: I took this party example and went with it. A friend of mine had a blow up dinosaur she gave me, I already had a message board, and Logan has hundreds of dinos to decorate with. All I needed was some balloons and pom poms!


I made a streamer banner that I stuck to the wall with command strips. Then used their little hooks to hang the pom poms. 


Every dinosaur on this table was adoptable, so each kid got to take at least one home. Although it was tough prying them out of Logan's hands! 


Food: I obviously love to decorate and will go the extra mile to do so. Food is a different story for me, I usually half ass that part. Luckily there's Costco, and pre-made sheet cakes! I picked up some chicken salad, dinosaur nuggets, a veggie platter, chips and cookie dough.



The menu had covered Herbivores, Carnivores, Omnivores and Sweetavores. We used this cute cookie cutter for the Brontosaurus sandwiches. 


  

I filled up some mason jars with rocks and added palms and small dinos. Then just stuck the fanciest T-Rex we had, on the cake.

I still crack myself up for getting a St. Patrick's Day cake. My logic is that if you eat a cake at a birthday party, it's a birthday cake. Plus Logan can't read so there's no point on writing Happy Birthday 😆.

Entertainment: I panicked a few nights before the party. I realized that all these kids might need more entertainment than a dino egg hunt. Amazon (and my mum) to the rescue! Dino party pool plus 800 balls. That should work!


Prep: Logan helped draw the Dino-mite party sign, and helped Alex blow up the pool.




My very best friend flew in from Idaho for our yearly visit! She reminded me to get things like forks, candles, and a birthday cake. She also helped keep me sane.


I ordered matching dinosaur birthday shirts for Alex, myself and Logan, from Wild Ginger Shop on Etsy.



And my sisters got here early to make the sandwiches and entertain the kid so I could use his dinosaurs as props.

Then it was time to party like it's 190,000,099 BC.




My inlaws surprised us by bringing over a T-Rex costume that my sister happily put on, and the kids went nuts.



It was such a great party that my introvert of a son said he wanted to do it again. High praise from him I tell ya!








Comments

Popular Posts