P R O G R E S S

Construction of our home is coming along nicely. The plumbing is currently in process, while the roof, garage slab, and hvac, are finished. Up next is the electrical work, and then we get to go for another construction meeting to take pictures of what's behind all of the walls.

** NERD ALERT: I plan on having a binder full of pictures with explanations, because that's how I roll. I even have the binder all picked out. It's pink with gold pineapples. **

Anyway, since our house is making so much progress we figured it's about time to do the same at the condo. Last year, we decided to start remodeling our kitchen (long before the house was a thing) which works out perfectly for when it comes time to sell. Thank you past Sabrina and Alex! We've already checked off the countertops, sink, dishwasher and fridge, on our list.


 And last week we finally finished the last project: the backsplash.



I'll be honest with you, this whole process has been like pulling teeth. But I'm very happy with the end result, and glad that I get time to enjoy it while we're still here! If you're interested in our selections, I've put a source list at the end of this post.

Completing this remodel (oven and microwave will be upgraded after we move out) feels like HUGE progress. But the Dundie for the "person with the most progress these past few weeks," goes to... my mum. She signed the papers and officially sold her condo today! It is definitely bitter sweet to be saying goodbye to my childhood home, and I'm sure it's much worse for her to be walking away from 20 years of memories. But I know it'll be worth all the new ones she can make with her grandson and grandoggies; not to mention the freedom it'll give her to travel!


That's what I call progress!!



S O U R C E S

Solid surface countertop - Ice Queen 

Mosaic stone, glass marble, tile - Mystique Winter

All of the work was done through Lowe's, mainly in part because they were the only people to return our calls/ meet with us. However, if you have the opportunity to use another company, I'd recommend for you to go for it. The products are great, the contractors were awesome, but getting to that point was terrible and rage inducing.


Comments

Popular Posts